Sunday, January 18, 2009

Thank you one and all for my birthday greetings. Sarah asked what I wanted for my birthday, and I must admit that you all gave me the perfect gift. I got a call from each and everyone one of you and Bridget and Sean made me cry. Tears of joy, so they were good tears. Sarah also suggested I might want a job and I also mentioned a new house, not asking for too much do you think. Truthfully I am pretty at peace over our move. God is working at the details and will reveal them in His perfect time. It has been snowing here for 2 days and since your dad is sick, I have had a bit of time to do some reading ( I should be sewing, but that would make too much noise) anyway, Mary Rose has started a very thought provoking blog, and I also have been reading some of my Catholic publications of which I am sorry to say I do not read enough. St. Anthony press had a story about a couple whose son died at the age of 20. On the way to the hospital, not knowing what was wrong with him, they each had a vision of him accompanied by an angel and he said he was ok and at peace. The mom looked at the clock in the car and then told her husband what had happened. That is when he revealed he had had the same vision. Long story short, when they got to the hospital he was dead and had died exactly at the time as the mom saw on the car clock. This got me thinking - after I quit crying - about the many miracles I have experienced. God gave each of you as a very special gift to me and your dad and then HE made sure you were protected, because He has a special plan for each of you. Sarah fell down the basement steps and there is no way I should have been able to catch her, but I did. Sean swallowed a penny and I put my hand in his mouth and slid it up his throat. No way does my hand fit in a 8 month old babies mouth. I was told I would not be able to get pregnant at the time I conceived Bridget and she tried very hard to come early - thank goodness for the alcohol drip and the protection of her guardian angel. Then there is of course Ryan, who experimented with drugs and alcohol trying to fill the emptiness in his heart only to discover that he could fill it easily with God. Finally, you were all protected the day I fell asleep at the wheel of the van, only to wake up on a side road in Portage. It was Osterhouse and I have no idea how I got there. I was driving down Center and then woke up in the parked van on this side road. I thanked God instantly and continued on my way. No way did I tell anyone about this for a long time. I have seen Mary in the Body of Christ during one of my hours of Adoration and have spotted my own Guardian angel twice. Once standing at the side of my bed and once sitting in my parked van. Nothing special was going on either time, she was just doing her job. And I have been trying to do mine - to be a prayer warrier, to thank God for everything - good and bad - beacause we grow no matter the outcome, and to enjoy each and every gift God has given me. I thank God for the gifts of you children, your wonderful spouses and very special children, and of course for the love of your wonderful father. I have had a great birthday and everyday because you are all part of my life.

God Bless


1 comment:

  1. Mom,
    So well written and thank you for sharing those special moments with us. God is working in our lives all of the time, but the reminders of our miracles help us to remember when it is harder to see.

    ReplyDelete