Saturday, January 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!!!

Mom,
I was going to send flowers, but then I found a great card that I made a while back, but you know me I never got it in the mail, so it may be a month or two or never late. I guess for now I'll just write you a birthday letter.
Mom, thanks for everything. There I'm done.
Really, you are always there, you always listen, you love and you care. There isn't any more I could ask of a mom and I would never choose any other mom in the world.

You have taught me what it means to die to self, and to do it over and over again. Thank you.

You have taught me how to be patient even when I'm tired or sick or grumpy or just plain fed up, over and over again you have taught me this. Thank you.

You have taught me that making mistakes is okay, it is learning from them that matters. Thank you.

You have taught me not always having the right answer or any answer is okay. Thank you.

You have taught me how to forgive, 70x7 times. Thank you.

You have taught me unconditional love. Thank you.

You have taught me grace. Thank you.

You have taught me surrender. Thank you.

You have taught me contentment in the here and now, not always but you try always. Thank you.

You have taught me how to be a mother. THANK YOU.

You have taught me how to be a sister. THANK YOU.

You have taught me how to be a daughter. THANK YOU.

You have taught me about God and His everlasting love, for this Thank you isn't big enough, the gratitude I have for you and Dad raising me with faith is unending.

Happy Birthday Mom!!!

Wish I was there to give you a hug, but my words are just going to have to span the distance.

I LOVE YOU!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you babe, I was blessed with parents who gave me faith. I can not imagine sharing God's love with my children.

    ReplyDelete