OK, you guys, here it comes. No holds barred, in your face, Christmas letter stuff.
The only problem is I still don’t know what the heck to say, so you’ll have to wait a moment for the next sentence.
Hope that wasn’t too long. I think the reason I don’t have much to say is because things have been so stinkin’ good. Yeah, there have been some little things like a G&L here and there. Or trying to figure out what your Mom just said. Although after 34 years it is getting easier.
Oh, there was one little mishap last Christmas. I think we all know that Mary Rose was gracious enough to call me to work it out and she knows how thankful I am for that. And now that I think about it, it wasn’t such a little mishap. I did write a letter but it is still stuck away. It isn’t doing much good there but the phone call took care of things.
Once again this year the key work is “THANKFUL”. If I didn’t know God loves to hear it, I would be worried that he would be tired of hearing it.
My only wish for you all this year is that everyone grows closer to God and that everyone helps someone else grow closer to Him too. Someone in the family, someone outside of the family, it doesn’t matter. In a quiet way, in a direct way, it doesn’t matter. In a big way, in a little way, it doesn’t matter.
And the only thing I ask you for are your prayers. In particular for the move we have coming up. It will present us with a lot of little problems to deal with. I know we will manage but I feel for some reason that it will be one of our toughest hurdles in those 34 years.
I love all of my family .
Your wonderful, loving, bald, handsome, kind, gentle, and very humble, Dad.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks dad for making me cry, and laugh. I am praying for you, but you will manage. Moving sucks I know, but hopefully I can get there in June and help a little maybe tile a little, but just be there. You will manage, I don't think the hurdle will be that high just a little higher than you think your old body is able to handle.
ReplyDeleteLove you, thanks for the letter.