Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas

Change seems to be the theme of my life, of all of our lives. Each year change happens, each year we are blessed by change. Our family has been blessed with 7 beautiful children, with the addition of my Goddaughter Abiageal this year. Mary Rose has taken a new job, Ben and Bridget have moved (again...), mom and dad are getting ready for another move back to the other side of Michigan (you don't go too far do you?) and me...well my changes are never quite as big as everyone else's. In fact this year I even stayed in the same apartment. As you all know the big "change" is my return to public schools and special education. I am very blessed to have received a job in a very nice neighborhood in a quickly changing school. After a brief 3 weeks as an assistant principal (this caused me to almost puke every day.) I thankfully came to my senses and find myself more at peace than I have been in years. I don't find myself on teh internet weekly looking for places to live or new jobs to take. I am content...well almost. I am online looking for places to volunteer this summer in Africa. My roommate has found one in Uganda that looks promising, I plan on filling out the application after I complete this letter. Go to http://www.ugandaruralfund.org to check it out! After I have spent my years in an inner city schools and volunteering I am at peace (for now) in working in the public school as long as I can give some of my time each year to others. I love flying around the country (or driving to Michigan) to see all of you, but as some of you may have noticed my summers have been spent for me lately. I love visiting all of you, but the time I spend in the city during the summer and volunteering in various places gives me the evergy to make it through another school year. I hope you understand that, and I visit when I can. I love you all of you, and though I may lead a very different life than each of you, I am for the first time in a long time content and happy with it.

Merry Christmas!

Love,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment