So, I'm fashionably late to this whole blog, but here is my Christmas letter:
This year has been incredible for my family! As you all know, I have been working at Edward Jones for exactly one year know, and every time I think, "How did God know?" As Ryan mentioned, it feels good to be around people who get it...and get me. It's funny that I had to enter the corporate world to find such genuinely KIND people. I love going to work everyday, and for the first time ever, I feel at peace about being a working mom. It has not always been easy, but this job has allowed me to provide for my family in so many ways, but more importantly, I can come home and focus on my wonderful husband and amazing children.
Ryan, I believe, should go straight to heaven. He is such a blessing in my life! As a husband, he is, in every sense of the word, the definition of sacrificial love. He teaches me everyday about it, and again, I think, "How did God know?" He is also am AMAZING father! I love the fact that he can get up every morning, get out 2 girls ready for school, get himself ready for work, drop them off, teach a bunch of 10-year olds, pick the girls up, come home and make dinner.....and STILL be able to do all of these things with so much love in his heart for his family. He joked last night that he is going to make a "Man Shed" since he was knee-deep into princesses and demanding little girls (which includes me!). But, I know he loves "his gitls" and we are so grateful for him!
Bella turned 5 a few days ago, and like a dork, I cried to think that my baby is growing up. She is, as Ryan describes her, fire and ice!!! Bella definitely tests our parenting skills on a daily basis, and from someone who lacks patience, Bella certainly gives Mommy lessons on that. "How did God know?" Despite the extra work we do with her, Bella also has a heart of gold. And sometimes, when she thinks no one is looking, she is the best big sister ever!
Claire, of course, has grown to be such a little starlet! She started dance this year, and based on those videos, I might be in for it for a loooong time!! She continues to amaze us with the things she does and says, but I swear this is due in large part to Bella. Of all the singing, dancing, and overall performing that Claire does, though, my favorite thing about her is when she is getting ready to go to bed and she says to me, "I love you so much!". Seriously, "How did God know?"
Lastly, I want to take a few moments to talk about my family. For as long as I can remember, we have been getting together for every occasion...and sometimes it seems we make things up just as an excuse to get together! I feel so blessed to be a part of a family where tradition is as strong as our love for each other....just like this new family of mine, and this blog, and all the traditions you have added to my life! God must have known!
As the year winds down, and a new one begins, I'm reminded everyday that God ALWAYS knows what's best for us. It may never look quite like we pictured in our heads, but somehow, He leads all of us into His perfect plan. (I just hope that his perfect plan for me includes a 3500 sq ft home and a million dollars....and an NCAA Men's Basketball Championship win for my Wildcats!). "Not our will but YOURS be done". That is my prayer for all of us in 2009!
With love,
Mary Rose
Friday, December 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Auntie Rose,
ReplyDeleteI miss you, we never see eachother but I feel like this letter gave a great glimpse into your life. Thanks so much for sharing and being so open. That is what I like most about the letters. I'm going to get to Arizona soon on one of those cheap plane tickets, Anna wants to come so bad and see her Bella. She asks me all the time. I'm glad work is going so well. Thanks for the Christmas card, you guys are beautiful.
love ya
Bridget